Here is my sermon outline for Easter Sunday, April 8, 2007.
[size=large]Hearts On Fire
1. In the midst of uncertainty, questions, and failed expectations, faith is revealed in our words. Luke 24:13-19
A. In the moments where we feel overwhelmed, we reinforce our fears or our faith through our words.
B. Jesus is present with us, whether we recognize Him or not. Luke 24:15-16; Matthew 28:20
C. Jesus wants to join us in our conversations. We can bring our concerns to Him. Luke 24:17-19
2. When we live only according to our circumstances and history, we end up with a skewed perspective regarding who Jesus is and what He is doing. Luke 24:19-24
A. Jesus is more than what most people tend to see Him as. Luke 24:19-20
B. Jesus really is the answer for all our hopes; we need to trust Him no matter what. Luke 24:20-21
C. The work and ministry of Jesus not only affects the lives of others; He wants to impact us very personally as well. Luke 24:22-24
3. A determined reliance on what the scriptures say as a whole is the key to renewing our minds and igniting our hearts. Luke 24:25-27
A. Jesus calls us to be believers. Luke 24:25-26
B. The life and ministry of Jesus is the focal point of the scripture and of life. Luke 24:27
4. Having tasted of His presence, it's up to us to decide if we are going to go deeper. Luke 24:28-35
A. Each of us comes to a point where we must respond to the truth that's been revealed to us. Luke 24:28-29
B. Jesus wants to do more than reveal information and truth, He wants us to know Him and have close, personal fellowship with Him. Luke 24:30
C. Jesus has come to open our eyes and set our hearts on fire, enabling us to proclaim and live for Him in the midst of difficult, uncertain times. Luke 24:31-36
- Those who have encountered Jesus can testify that He is risen!
- It's time to be telling our stories to all who will listen.
- Jesus wants to show up right in the middle of our story-telling.